Friday, May 14, 2010

Fight Gone Bad

That's the name of today's CrossFit workout.  (It is indeed geek-oriented, with many "WODs" ["workouts of the day"] having names.  Most are a boy's or a girl's name, however -- named after military folks killed on the job.)  

"FGB" is 60 seconds each of 1) 20" box jumps; 2) 55# push presses (a weight-lifting move); 3) rowing; 4) 14# wall balls; 5) 55# sumo deadlift high pulls (another weight-lifting move).  You count each rep that you do in the five minute total drill.  A great number is 100.  Then, you rest 60 seconds -- and do it all again another time, counting your reps.  Then, you rest 60 seconds -- then do it again for a third time.  If you make 300, you are fabulous.  

I got 229.  That's 11 points better than last time I did it, and I used a heavier medicine ball for the wall ball today.  

Then, stayed after to practice techniques on muscle ups, ring dips, and hand stands.  I can get a couple of seconds when I am completely off the wall now, "standing" on my hands unsupported and balanced.   

No comments: