Sunday, May 2, 2010

CBH Weekend

I did my first official cross-fit class Saturday morning. Warm-up included 20 burpees, 2 minutes jumping rope, standing broadjumps, squats and walking lunges. Then we practiced a move called a Turkish Get-Up. That involves laying down on your back holding a weight(I used 15 lbs) straight up. Keeping your arm straight and the weight always over your head, your Get Up. It is not easy. Then the actual work-out 6 Get-Ups(3 each side), 80 single rope jumps or 20 double unders(I can't do double unders yet) 10 pushups and 20 box jumps(it is what it says-you have a box in front of you and you jump up on to it and then jump down). Four rounds of that. It took me 21 minutes. I was last, but I did every move. No one there was over 50-most under 30.

This morning mom and I got up and went running-4 miles around Bon Tempe Lake.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Clarke was not last. Another dude was last. Clarke was 10 years older than the next oldest person. And he's right -- most were 20s/30s. CLARKE ROCKED!!!

meryl rose said...

good job! I loaded the truck today for a dump run....