Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meryl and CBH's run

Well, CBH made me feel like a lame ass when he said Pine Top was pretty normal. Damnit!

We ran the loop together in 17:34 (my fastest time), and CBH tried to convince me to run it twice in a row. That was not happening (I felt pretty pathetic). So I timed CBH who ran it again while I did my cool down.

CBH ran the second loop in 17:36 with two accidental wrong turns, so that probably added a minute. Conclusion: he did pretty awesome.

Meanwhile, Meryl was doing her lame ass cool down because I can't run very much (LAME!) and I was feeling particularly bad about myself, so I ran 5 laps around the track (a bit over 1 mile) in 9:40. Woo-hoo! That made me feel a bit better about myself.

I do feel pretty crappy though that Pine Top isn't too difficult and I have such a hard time with it considering I've been running for a while now. Oh well.

CBH and I thought that Pine Top would be an excellent relay simulator though and that when we do the family run in May we can run the first loop together, then take turns on the second one, as if we were really doing a relay. Then the next time we run it together I think it would be awesome if we could do three times.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

1. You are not a lame ass. I have been running for 10 years and look at my times -- I did a 5K last weekend in 28 minutes, which is about 9:20 minutes.

2. It is the fact that your ass is out there, training, that what matters. You are logging the miles, and giving your body the experience of running.

3. I think the relay simulation runs at Pine Top is a fabulous, creative idea. I like you on my team!