Thursday, April 1, 2010

lazy thursday

I got up this morning feeling sore and sluggish. went out to run and pulled up after a little over a mile because my calves felt like they were about to explode. Came back to the house and did some pull-ups and military presses with my 55lb barbell, but just wasn't feeling it so I called it quits to put some heat on my legs. I think that readjusting to running in my Vibrams may take longer than I had hoped. it really does restructure the way i run and puts extra stress on muscles I haven't worked on in a while. Once I get there, though, my calf muscles will be beastly...

3 comments:

meryl rose said...

You might as well run BAREFOOT! My calves hurt just hearing that. We didn't run this evening either because of calf soreness......

Tamara said...

Here is something that Clarke and I have learned works. And I even took a picture of him doing it, which I will post when I'm back up on Whidbey. . . ice, young people. Ice baths. It is brutal folks, but also miraculously effective. So, for sore calves, fill up a bucket of water, put ice in it, up to knee level. Stick your legs in for about five minutes. After you get numb, it's not so bad. And your legs will feel amazingly better the next day.

CBH said...

Also, you might want to buy a pair of light-weight trainers or trail runners to mix it up a little.