Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wed. Crossfit

There are no easy days at Crossfit. No one cares what you did yesterday. They do try not to abuse the same muscle group two days in a row, but that is about it. So, yesterday:

Warm-up, then:

400 meter run
30 pull-ups
30 box jumps
30 Dumb bell presses
400 meter run
30 dumb bell presses
30 box jumps
30 pull ups
400 meter run

Like many other people in the group, I can't do that many pull-ups without help. In fact, I can only do one pull-up in a row. I can probably do 5 before my arms would fail. Mom can do many, many. So we use big rubber bands to help. I am down to a 1 inch band. Still, I can only do 10 at most without stopping a resting. The dumb bell presses are as hard as the weight used. But, the RX weight(the weight used by the best people in the gym for men was 50 lbs) Oh, that's 50 lbs in each hand. Only one guy in our group could do 50. The women's RX was 30. I saw one girl do 30. Mom and I did 25lbs in each hand. After 5-10, your arms are feeling it. Box jumps are the same. It is as hard as you want. RX for men, 30" boxes, 24" for women. We can do 24" jumps-at least 10, but not 60. That means standing in front of a 30" high box and jumping up on to it. Go ahead and try it. In our gym we have 12, 20 and 24 inch boxes. Mom and I use 20" boxes. This work-out took 30 minutes and you feel like you sprinted for 30 minutes.

No comments: